What is Niacin?
Niacin, also known as vitamin B3, is a micronutrient with a 40-year history of efficacy in supporting healthy lipid levels, especially high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) levels. However, one side effect often makes supplementing niacin a less than pleasurable experience, limiting adherence. Some patients experience flushing when supplementing niacin. However, a properly- manufactured, sustained- release niacin circumvents this side effect. By using a proprietary, natural wax-matrix coating technology, Time Release Niacin is released slowly over a six- to eight-hour period to reduce flushing. This time period is considered the ideal window for releasing equal amounts of niacin into circulation as nicotinuric acid, the beneficial metabolite responsible for niacin’s lipid balancing benefits.1-2 In a double-blind placebo-controlled study, this specific form of Time Release Niacin had only a 5-7 % flush rate, making it well-tolerated and highly effective for supporting balanced cholesterol levels.
- Promotes Healthy Blood Lipid Levels
- Supports Healthy High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL) Levels
- Maintains Healthy Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL) Levels and Lipid Particle Size
- Maintains Healthy Triglyceride Levels
- Enhances Endothelial Function by Increasing Nitric Oxide Synthase